Shri Maruti Stotra
Maruti Stotra English Transcription
Sundarananaa pinga lochana dushtabhanjana vishwaranjana I
Bhumi aatmajaa shokanashana he dayanidhe vayunandana II 1 II
Loka vandana daitya kandana guna chandana vari bandhana I
Kama mardana tu janardana he dayanidhe vayunandana II 2 II
Bhakta vallabhaa dev durlabhaa chitta sulabhaa jivajivanaa I
Pava paavanaa hechi bhavanaa he dayanidhe vayunandana II 3 II
Jwaradhavamsanaa vaatanaashanaa kafanikruntanaa shitanaashanaa I
Rama bhetavi namakirtanaa he dayanidhe vayunandana II 4 II
Rama chorile yaa mahitaLi dhaavalaa tvare maruti baLi I
Sodavi bale jagajjivanaa he dayanidhe vayunandana II 5 II
Jaahalaa rhuni swami to rani drona aanuni uthavi faNi I
Kirti ghosha haa thaaukaa janaa he dayanidhe vayunandana II 6 II
Rangalo made kaama kardami naa ghade tuzi bhakti saptami I
Chaatakaapari mi krupaa ghanaa he dayanidhe vayunandana II 7 II
ShiNa vaaTato anatari sadaa dhaanva re prabho vaari aapadaa I
Tapta mi bahu shaantavi manaa he dayanidhe vayunandana II 8 II
Sadgurumukhe gooja puravile taghave tulaa jaaNa nirvile I
Saacha tu kari brida paavanaa he dayanidhe vayunandana II 9 II
Bhimstotra he vaachitaa naru akshayi tayaa bhim devaru I
Saaksha baaNali raghavaa manaa he dayanidhe vayunandana II 10 II
And here completes the Maruti Stotra.
Meaning and Translation
This Maruti Stotra or Hanuman Stotra is in Marathi. It is a very beautiful composition of description of many virtues of Maruti. He is very kind and easily available to all his devotees. He destroys all troubles and difficulties of his devotees. This stotra is very best for students and children. It can be remembered easily and who recites it, acquires tremendous power, good health, sharp memory and intelligence.
1) He is having a beautiful mouth, brownish eyes; he is destroyer of evil people, protector of devotees, he vanish their unhappiness. He is filled with kindness and is a son of Vavu devata (air).
2) All people bow to him. He is destroyer of demons. He has got many virtues and like sandal wood, his virtues are spread over everywhere. He frees his devotees from bounded ness, he destroys excessive kama vikar (sex feeling), He always think and work for benefit of the people. He is filled with kindness and is a son of Vavu devata (air).
3) He is easily reachable to the devotees but gods can’t reach him easily. Devotee become happy and gets a new life since his difficulties are removed by God Maruti. I wish for the blessings of God Maruti who is filled with kindness and is a son of Vavu devata (air).
4) He destroys all three type of jwaras (fever, difficulties, troubles arising due to our karmas) of devotees. He destroys diseases arising from excessive Bile, Phlegm and Wind (Vata, kafa and coldness). He helps the devotees for receiving blessings from God Rama. God Maruti who is filled with kindness and is a son of Vavu devata (air).
5) AhiRavan and MahiRavan were demons, who bounded God Rama and took him to Patal Loka. God Maruti immediately fought with these very dangerous demons destroyed them on his own single handedly and made God Rama free. He is but God Maruti who is filled with kindness and is a son of Vavu devata (air).
6) God Rama was in debt of God Maruti since (God Maruti) brought Dronagiri, (a very big mountain) and saved life of Laxman beloved brother of God Rama. This is a well known story. He is but God Maruti who is filled with kindness and is a son of Vavu devata (air).
7) O! God Maruti, I am filled with pride, passion and excessive kama (sex filling). I have never been your devotee now only reciting this stotra. O! God Maruti you are just like a cloud filled with water and I am like a chatak (a bird who drinks only rain water directly droppings from the clouds and waiting for rain with his beak pointing upward.) waiting for your blessings. He is but God Maruti who is filled with kindness and is a son of Vavu devata (air).
O! God Maruti I am very tired because of this bounded ness. Please come immediately and make me free from all my troubles, difficulties. Because of three types of Saansar jwaras I have become very uneasy, my mind is boiling, please come and bring calmness, peace in my mind. He is but God Maruti who is filled with kindness and is a son of Vavu devata (air).
9) I have been enlightened by my Guru for your devotion and God Rama has assigned a job of your blessings to the devotees, to you. I know it. O! God Maruti I request for your help to me by offering your blessing as you are filled with kindness and is a son of Vavu devata (air).
10) It is said by God Rama that the devotees who recites this stotra every day will receive blessings from God Maruti. O! God Maruti you are filled with kindness. You are a son of Vavu devata (air) please give your blessings to me.