Schizophrenia and astrology.
Mental maladies/sickness and astrology.
Astrology of mental disorders and aberrations.
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that generally appears in late adolescence or early adulthood – however, it can emerge at any time in life. It is one of many brain diseases that may include delusions, loss of personality (flat affect), confusion, agitation, social withdrawal, psychosis, and bizarre behavior.
Individuals with schizophrenia may hear voices that are not there. Some may be convinced that others are reading their minds, controlling how they think, or plotting against them. This can distress patients severely and persistently, making them withdrawn and frantic.
Others may find it hard to make sense of what a person with schizophrenia is talking about. In some cases, the individual may spend hours completely still, without talking. On other occasions he or she may seem fine, until they start explaining what they are truly thinking.
Schizophrenia, possibly many illnesses combined – it is a complex, chronic, severe, and disabling brain disorder and affects approximately 1% of all adults globally. Experts say schizophrenia is probably many illnesses masquerading as one. Research indicates that schizophrenia is likely to be the result of faulty neuronal development in the brain of the fetus, which later in life emerges as a full-blown illness.
Genetics, early environment, neurobiology, and psychological and social processes appear to be important contributory factors; some recreational and prescription drugs appear to cause or worsen symptoms. Current research is focused on the role of neurobiology, although no single isolated organic cause has been found. The many possible combinations of symptoms have triggered debate about whether the diagnosis represents a single disorder or a number of discrete syndromes
Sign aries ,cancer and scorpio.
Moon as mind.
Mercury as intelligence.
Rahu as delusion.
Saturn as significator of depression etc.
Mars as planet of action and agression.
Houses 1st ,4th ,5th,6th,8th and 12th /Lords of these houses.
Jupiter as karaka of wisdom.
The Moon suffers afflictions when it is weak, placed in adverse (6, 8, or 12th) houses, and under the aspects or association of malefic
(a) Affliction by the sun: Quick temper, quarrelsome, self-aggrandizement.
(b) By Mars: Quick temper, aggressive, violent.
(c) By Saturn: Acute depression; maniac depressive psychosis.
(d) By Rahu: cunning in thought, schizophrenia, phobias, and maniacal suicidal tendencies.
(e) By Ketu: Maniacal/suicidal tendencies, phobias, irrational suspicion of others.
Affliction to Mercury and Jupiter causes abnormalities in behavior in a similar manner. For example, placement of mercury in the 6th house affected by Saturn, leads to some sort of mental derangement. Jupiter- Saturn or Jupiter-Mars opposition have already been pointed out.
Jupiter:The best benefactor. Jupiter is the significator of maturity and wisdom. While Jupiter is neutral towards mercury, the latter happens to be the enemy of Jupiter. Quite naturally the strict limits of logics can only restrain the exercise of wisdom. Note: When the Moon, Mercury and Jupiter are strong and well placed, the native has a sound mind, a healthy reasoning and a mature wisdom. When these three planets are afflicted, weak or ill placed, there is a vulnerability to mental illness, nervousness, Intellectual confusion, and inability to take wise decisions and to implement them.
Let us now look at some mental illness combinations.
- Combust/afflicted mercury and afflicted moon also leads to mental aberrations.
- Jupiter in the ascendant and Mars in the seventh house or vice versa.
- Saturn in the lagna and Mars in the 5th, 7th or 9th house.
- Saturn in the 12th house associated with a waning Moon.
- Saturn in the lagna, Sun in the 12th house and Mars or the Moon in a trine.
- Association of Saturn and the lord of the second house with the Sun or Mars.
- Birth in the hora of Saturn or Mars, a Sun-Moon conjunction in the lagna, the 5th or the 9th, and Jupiter in a quadrant.
- Mandi (the malefic sub-planet that has no physical existence but has a Saturn-like quality) in the 7th, afflicted by a malefic. The same result may apply if Mandi is in the 5th house
- . Rahu and the Moon in the Lagna, and malefics in the trines. (i.e., “Pishacha Grasta” Yoga, a combination for being overtaken by the “spirits”, indicative of phobias.)
- Afflictions to the Moon (mind), Mercury (nervous system) and Jupiter (maturity / wisdom). Particularly, when all three of these planets are afflicted, conditions leading to mental illness are highly possible.
- An afflicted fifth lord. The fifth house can correspond to thinking, logic and wisdom.
- The lagna and or Aries, both which indicates the head, if afflicted.
- Kemadruma Yoga – This is a condition occurs when the moon has no planets in either of the signs surrounding it. When there is no planet in the 2nd or the 12th from the moon, the soundness of the mind may become an issue. Again, the entire chart needs to be viewed.
Mercury is combust ,moon is debilated,sun defeats mercury ib grah yudha, meaning excessive surge of energy and the sign is scorpio the sign that is intrigued with jealousy, revenge and passionate ,all this leads to personality where moon ( mind ) is clouded intelligence smoky add the cold aspect of Saturn and aggressive 4th aspect of mars. Mars is lord of 64th navmsa and jupiter of 22nd drekana.Venus as lord of sixth and ascendent or significator of head in this horoscope is afflicted and under heavy malefic effect and aspect.The chart belongs to a lady suffering from Schizophrenia.
Now looking at above liusted combinations let us see the combination fitting the bill here in this horoscope.
Association of Saturn and the lord of the second house with the Sun or Mars
Aflictions to the Moon (mind), Mercury (nervous system) and Jupiter (maturity / wisdom). Particularly, when all three of these planets are afflicted, conditions leading to mental illness are highly possible.
An afflicted fifth lord. The fifth house can correspond to thinking, logic and wisdom
Combust/afflicted mercury and afflicted moon also leads to mental aberrations
Kemadruma Yoga – This is a condition occurs when the moon has no planets in either of the signs surrounding it. When there is no planet in the 2nd or the 12th from the moon, the soundness of the mind may become an issue. Again, the entire chart needs to be viewed.
Conclusion– The combinations given in our treatises and classics do contribute to disease here.