Dear all , Welcome to the world of astrology, mantras and ancient wisdom, this blog of mine is an effort to bring out few drops of knowledge from the vast ocean of ancient Indian wisdom. Regards J.s.sandhu
January 20, 2014
June 8, 2010
1) Surya (Sun)
Japaa Kusumasankasham Kasyapeyam Maha Dhyuthim
Tamognam Sarvapaapghnam Pranatosmi Divakaram
My salutations to the Sun,
Who is like the flower of meditation,
Who belongs to the clan of Kashyapa,
Who is of greatest brilliance,
Who is the destroyer of darkness,
And who is the destroyer of all sins.
2) Chandra (Moon)
Dadhi Shankha tushaa-raabham Khseero Darnava Sambhavam
Namaami Shashinam Somam Shambhor Mukuta Bhooshanam
My salutations to the moon,
Who is white like the curds and conch,
Who was born from the ocean of milk,
Who is adorned by a rabbot in him,
And who is the ornament of the head of Lord Shiva.
3) Kuja (Mars)
Dharanee garbha sambhootam ,Vidyut Kaanti Sama-prabham
Kumaram Shakti Hastam ,Tham Mangalaam Pranamamyamaham
Salutations to the mars,
Who is born to the earth,
Whose shine is equal to lightning,
Who is a young man,
And who carries the Shakthi.
4) Budha (MERCURY)
Priyangukalika Shyaamam , RoopenaaPratimam Budham
Soumyam Soumya Guno Petham Tam Budham Pranamamyamham
My salutations to Budha,
Who is black like the bud of millet,
Whose beauty has no equal,
Who is gentle by nature,
And who is positive.
5) Guru (JUPITER)
Deva-naam cha Rishi Naam cha Gurum kaanchana sannibham,
Buddhi Bhootam Trilokesham Tam Namaami Brihaspatim
My salutations to Jupiter,
Who is teacher of devas and sages,
Who is equal in shine to gold,
Whose soul is intellect,
And who is the lord of all three worlds.
6) Shukra (VENUS )
HimaKundha Mrina-laabham Daitya-naam Paramam Gurum
Sarv aShastra Pravaktaaram Bhargavam Pranamaamyamham
My salutations to Venus,
Who shines like the snow white jasmine,
Who is the great preceptor of Asuras,
Who is an expert in all sciences,
And who is the son of the sage Bhrigu.
7) Sani (SATURN )
Neelanjanasamaabhasam Ravi Putram Yamaagrajam
Chaaya Marthanda Sambhootam Tam Namaami Shanaiswaram
My salutations to God Saturn,
Who is the colour of blue- black,
Who is the son of Sun God,
Who is the elder brother of Yama,
And who is the offspring of Sun God and his wife Chaya.
Ardha Kaayam Mahaa Veeryam Chandra- Aditya Vimardanam
Simhika Garbha Sambhootam Tam Rahum Pranamaamyaham
My salutations to Rahu,
Who has only half body,
Who is a great hero,
Who hurts the Sun and Moon,
And who is born out of Simhika.
Palaasha Pushpa Sankaasham Tarakaa Graha Mastakam
Roudram Roudraa-tmakam Ghoram Tam Ketum Pranamaamya-ham
My salutations TO Kethu,
Who has the appearance of a Palashaa flower,
Who has a star on his head,
Who is terrible to look at,
And Who is ugly and the soul of terror.
PRAYER FOR ALL THE NINE PLANETS
Nama Suryaya Somaya Mangalaya Budhaya Cha,
Guru Shukra Sanibhyascha, Rahava Kethave Nama.
My salutations to The Sun God,
And to the moon, mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Kethu.
Ithi Vyasa Mukhod Geetham Ya Padeth Susamihitha,
Dhiva Vaa, Yadhi Vaa Rathrou Vigna Santhir Bhavishyathi
Nara Naari Nrupaanam cha Bhaved, Duswapna naasanam,
Iswaryamathulam Teshama arogyam Pushti Vardhanam.
Graha Nakshatraja Peeda , taskaragni Samudbhava,
Thaa Sarvaa prasamam Yanthi Vyaso Bruthe Na Samsaya.
Effect of Chanting.
To any one reading this composed by Vyasa, there would not be any problems in either the day or the night and peace would come to him.
Men and women would become kings, their bad dreams would be avoided, They would earn incomparable wealth, and they would lead disease free healthy life.
Sage Vyasa tells that they will not suffer dye to the effct of stars or planets, neither by fire or thieves and would lead a very peaceful life.
 A type of spear.
 Bhrigu is a great sage who is the son of Brahma,.
 Sun God married Samgna, the daughter of Viswa Karma.Unable to beat hi s heat she left him leaving her shadow(Chaya) to live with him.Three children were born of this union.Saturn is the eldest
 Rahu is the son of Sage Kashyapa and a Rakshasi called Simhika.
June 6, 2010
Surya / Sun
For Surya or Sun related troubles and during the dasa or antardasa of sun:
1.Worship the ruling deity Lord Shiva2. Recite Aditya Hridaya stotra daily or Gayatri Mantra daily.
3. Japa of Sun’s moola mantra: “Om hram hreem hroum sah suryaya namah”, 6000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the soorya stotra:
Java kusuma sankasam kashyapeyam mahadutim
Tamorim Sarva paapghnam pranatosmi Divakaram
5. Charity: Donate wheat, or sugar candy on sunday.
6. Fasting day: Sundays.
7. Pooja: Rudrabhishek.
8. Rudraksha: Wear Ekamukhi (one faced) or 12 mukhi Rudraksha
Chandra / Moon
For Chandra or Moon related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Moon:
1. Worship the ruling deity Gouri.
2. Recite Annapoorna stotram.
3. Japa of Moon’s moola mantra: Om shram sreem shraum sah chandraya namah, 10000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Chandra stotra:
Dadhi Shankha tushaarabham ksheero darnava sambhavam
Namaami shashinam somam shambhor mukuta bhushanam
5. Charity: Donate cow’s milk or rice on monday.
6. Fasting: On Mondays.
7. Pooja: Devi pooja.
8. Rudraksha: Wear 2 mukhi Rudraksha.
Mangala / Kuja / Mars
For Mangala or Mars related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Mars:
1. Worship the ruling deities Kartikeya and Shiva.
The Kartikeya mantra is “Om Saravanabhavaya Namah”
The Shiva mantra is “Om Namah Shivaya”
2. Recite Kartikeya or Shiva stotra.
3. Japa of the Mars mantra: Om kram kreem kroum sah bhaumaya namah, 7000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Mangala stotra:
Dharani garbha sambhutam vidyut kanti samaprabham
Kumaram shakti hastam tam mangalam pranamamyaham.
5. Charity: Donate Masoor dal( red lentils) on tuesday.
6. Fasting: On Tuesdays.
7. Pooja: Kartikeya pooja or Rudrabhishekha.
8. Rudraksha: Wear a 3 mukhi Rudraksha.
Mars is also the remover of debts and the giver of wealth.
The following is a highly recommended stotra of Mars for this purpose.
Nrishtekargaacha hartaacha sarvadevascha poojitah.
Lohito Lohitaakshascha samagaana Kripaakarah
Dharmatmajah Kujobhoumou bhumido bhuminam
Rakta maalyambaradharam shulashakti gadaadharah
Charbhujo yeshagato varadamcha dharaasutah
Mangalo bhumiputrascha runahartaa dhanapradah
Sthiraasano mahaakaayo sarvakaama phalapradam”
Budha / Mercury
For Budha or Mercury related problems and during his dasa and antardasa:
1. Worship Lord Vishnu.
2. Recite Vishnu sahasranama stotra.
3. Japa of the Budha beeja mantra: Om bram breem broum sah budhaya namah, 17000 times in 40 days.
4.Recite the Budha stotra:
Priyangu Kalika Shyaamam Roopena Pratimam Budham
Soumyam Soumya gunopetam tam Budham Pranamamyaham.
5. Charity: Donate Udad dal on Wednesday.
6. Fasting: On Wednesdays.
7. Pooja: Vishnu pooja.
8. Wear a 10 or 4 mukhi Rudraksha.
Guru / Jupiter
For Guru or Jupiter related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Guru:
1. Worship Lord Shiva.
2. Recite Shri Rudram.
3. Japa of the Guru beeja mantra: Om jhram jhreem jroum sah gurave namah, 16000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Guru stotra:
Devanam cha rishinam cha Gurum kaanchan SannibhaamBuddhi bhutam Trilokesham tam namaami Brihaspatim.
5. Donate: Saffron or turmeric on thursday.
6. Fasting: On Thrusdays.
7. Pooja: Rudrabhishekam.
8. Wear a 5 mukhi rudraksha.
Shukra / Venus
For Shukra or Venus related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Venus:
1. Worship Devi.
2. Recite Shree Sooktam or Devi stuti or Durga chalisa.
3. Japa of Shukra beeja mantra: Om dram dreem droum sah shukraya namah, 20000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Shukra stotra:
Hima kunda mrinalaabham daityanam paramam gurumSarv shastra pravaktaram bhargavem pranamamyaham
5. Donate clothes to a lady on Friday.
6. Fasting: On Fridays.
7. Pooja: Devi pooja.
8. Wear a 9 or 6 mukhi Rudraksha.
Shani / Saturn
For Shani or Saturn related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Shani:
1. Worship Lord Hanuman.
2. Recite Hanuman chalisa or any other Hanuman stotra.
3. Japa of Shani mantra: Om pram preem proum sah shanaischaraya namah, 19000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Shani stotra:
Nelanjan samabhasam ravi putram yamagrajamChaaya martand sambhutam tam namami shanaischaram
5. Donate a buffalo or black til (sesame seeds) on Saturday.
6. Fasting on Saturdays.
7. Pooja: Hanuman pooja
8. Wear a 7 or 14 mukhi Rudraksha.
For all Saturn related troubles the following Shani Shodasanama stotra of Dasharatha is an excellent remedy.
Maargandaja sudhaasouri neelavastraanjanadyutih
Abrahmanah kroora kroora karmaatangi grahanaayakah
Krishnodharmaanujah shantah shushkodara varapradah”
Apart from this reciting the following dasanama stotra of Shani by Dasharatha near a Pepal tree is also a highly recommended one.
Souri, shanaischaro mandah
Pippaladishu sansthitah ]/i]”
For Rahu related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Rahu:
1. Worship Bhairava or lord Shiva.
2. Recite the Kalabhairav asthakam.
3. Japa of the rahu beeja mantra: Om bhram bhreem bhroum sah rahave namah, 18000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Rahu stotra:
Ardha Kaayam maha veryam chandraditya vimardhanam
Simhika garbha sambhutam tam rahum pranamamyaham.
5. Donate: Udad dal or coconut on Saturday.
6. Fasting on Saturdays.
7. Pooja: Bhairav or Shiva or Chandi pooja.
8. Wear An 8 mukhi Rudraksha.
9. One of the best remedies for rahu is reciting the first chapter of Durga Saptasati.
For Ketu related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Ketu:
1. Worship Lord Ganesha.
2. Recite Ganesha Dwadasanama Stotra.
3. Japa of the Ketu beeja mantra: Om shram shreem shroum sah ketave namah, 7000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Ketu stotra:
Palasha pushpa sankaasham taraka graha mastakam
Roudram roudratmakam ghoram tam ketum Pranamamyaham.
5. Donate: A black cow or black mustard seeds on thursday.
6. Fasting: On Thursdays.
7. Pooja: Ganesh pooja.
8. Wear a 9 mukhi rudraksha.
9. A very good remedy for Ketu is the reciting of Shiva Panchakshari Stotra.
Gayatri Mantra of planets:
Sun: Om Bhaskaraya Vidmahe Mahadyutikaraya Dhimahi Tanno Aditya Prachodayat
Moon: Om Ksheeraputraya Vidmahe Amruta-tatvaya Dhimahi Tanno
Mars: Om Angarakaya Vidmahe Sakti Hastaya Dhimahi Tanno Bhaumah Prachodayat
Saturn: Om Neelanjanaya Vidmahe Chhayamartandaya Dhimahi Tanno
Planetary remedies from Valmiki Ramayana:
The reciting of various chapters of Valmiki Ramayana is prescribed in many scriptures as a remedy for many things.Uma Samhita prescribes reading once a day some canto to the other from Valmiki Ramayana for each Mahadasa.
Ravi/surya : Bala kanda, 73rd chapter
Chandra : Sundara kanda, 5th chapter
Kuja : Bala kanda 36th and 37th chapter
Rahu : Yuddha kanda, 75th chapter
Guru : Sundra kanda, 11th chapter
Shani : Bala kanda, 30th chapter
Budha : Sundara kanda, 35th chapter
Ketu : Ayodhya kanda, 50th chapter
Shukra : Sundara kanda, 36th chapter